The Princess has Finally Chosen a Suitor

I went to visit Austin in Bowling Green on January 29. When I got there, I picked him up at the school after work and, ignoring his requests to shower and change first, took him straight to BWW for some dinner.

After dinner, we went to his studio apartment so he could change and stop complaining. =) When we got there, I laid down on the bed and he went into the kitchen. The following ensued:

Me: What was that noise?
Austin: I think your phone vibrated. You got a text.
Me: Oh ok.
Austin: ...are you going to see who it's from?
Me: Eh. Maybe later.

After a few minutes, Austin hadn't come out of the kitchen so I jumped up to check out the text. It was from Facebook, letting me know that Austin had updated his status (because I Facebook stalk him even when I'm not on Facebook).

The text said: 'Austin Pratt has updated his status to 'Austin hopes she says yes.'

I turned to ask what it meant and found him on his knee with this:





We met on MySpace and got engaged on Facebook. Technology rocks!!

PS - Now everyone leave me alone! =)

5 comments:

A.P. said...

YES! awesome mandy!!!!!! i've been waiting!!! and he really did go to jared!! lol, when you first said that i thought it was just the thing to say. and i agree...meeting online is the way to go! let me know if you need any wedding planning help, i'm having a blast (for the most part)

Trophy Wife said...

Woo hoo! Finally, the blog post I've been waiting for! Please tell me this is a return to blogging, cause I've missed you.

I absolutely LOVE the way he proposed. Love love love the Facebook usage. Also, nice ring!!! Well done all around by him.
Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Hooray! Now I will stop bothering you!! Congrats and I'm so happy for you!

Amanda said...

Congratulations Mandy! Great story and the ring is amazing. I wish you the guys the best!

Cara said...

Yeah!! I have been waiting!!! Please update more. Congrats!!!! Camden is ready with his suit!