Welp, That's the End of That...

The Hilltoppers put up an amazing fight against Gonzaga tonight. But, at the last second, lost it all. Too bad. Really, too bad. They had a fantastic season. I really hope I get to cheer for them next year too (please oh please oh please).

On the good side, that means Austin's returning to KY to pack up and head back home (where he belongs) sometime in the next week or so. Hurray!! Unless of course, they offer him a job (please oh please oh please). Or better yet, a GA position (please oh please oh please).

If they don't and one of you has a father, grandfather, uncle, cousin, former 2nd cousin's roommate who happens to work for a Div. 1 men's bball team and is looking for a high-quality GA, contact me. I'll give you cash. =)

As for the rest of you who don't fit that criteria, what good are you?!?!

Just kidding. You can pray. Please pray. We don't want to be a poor married couple. It's WAY overrated. Thank you.

In other news...

I'm in Lubbock right now. What's that? Oh, I forgot to tell you? Yeah...that's what happened...

We had a family reunion filled with embarrassing stories and lots of "I can't believe how big you are" and "It's about time you're getting married" comments (ironic, I know). It was awesome. Way sad that Granny Moo couldn't be there though.

I also got to spend some (very little) time with some old, good pals. Lubbock is the only place I still have close friends so that's always nice (no matter how mean they are). I even got to do some wedding dress shopping with Heather. Much better than the 6 old women that follow me from shop to shop in KC (no offense Mom).

Other than that, we're returning home tomorrow to resume planning. I also have an interviewed lined up at Commerce Bank on Monday. It's not special or even good by any definition but, when those W&R paychecks stop coming, I'm gonna need more help than a measly Christian bookstore can provide. Have I asked you to pray that Austin get's a good setup? Please continue.

Blessings from the Lone Star State,
Mandy

PS - For your enjoyment, here's part of the embarrassment that came from the reunion:

2 comments:

A.P. said...

i was totally rooting for them!! i hope austin gets a great job, you too for that matter!! :) i had an interview today too for a job that is only part time and pays like 4 dollars less an hour than i currently make, but maybe i'll be happier. good luck at your interview!

Cara said...

Will be praying for Austin's job. That was a really good game - or bad in this case!