She's Baaaaack...

For now at least. I make no promises after this post. So you better enjoy it.

Actually, I really am going to try and return to this. I'm sure you've all missed me more than as much as I have missed you. However, know this: Pretty much the only thing I have to report on is

1. Wedding Plans
2. The fact that Austin is far away whilest #1 is occurring
3. The fact that my Mom helping with #1 makes #2 suck even worse
4. I need a job

So, if we're all ok with hearing about these things in every post from here to June 26, let's do it!

Ok, so #1: So far, we have (drumroll please) a venue! It may not seem like much to you simple minded folk but to those of us who have endured the torture of attempting to find a place that's not only beautiful but will also keep you from having to file bankruptcy, this is a HUGE victory! Check it out: The Grand Loft

Please don't freak out that, yes, it is in Osawatomie, KS (where?!). I promise, once you walk into this place, you'll forget.

#2: Austin is still truckin along in his internship at WKU. So far, no job prospect has reared it's beautiful head. Booo. But, right now he's livin it up conference style in Memphis. In case you haven't heard, the Hilltoppers are kickin some major Sunbelt rear end. Go Tops!

Needless to say, he's missing out on all the planning. Lucky? Maybe. But he DID get to plan our honeymoon. Wanna guess where we're going?! Here's a hint: It's NOT cold there!

#3: My mother and I have NEVER agreed on anything in my entire life. So, if you think my wedding is going to be any different...stop sniffing glue. But, we're making it. And, because it's her tax refund that's paying for this wedding (the same tax refund that was supposed to pay for her anniversary trip to Hawaii), I'm allowing a few things to slide in her favor. I am, however, drawing the line on wearing her wedding dress from 1979. For 1, I don't wear a size 2. And for 2, the veil makes me look like the Virgin Mary and, well...we won't go there.

#4: Ok, for the first time ever, I'm going on record with this: I admit it. Leaving W&R may not have been the wisest decision I've ever made. Although planning a wedding has been much easier with only a part-time job to get in my way, I get my last W&R paycheck at the end of the month and I have no new job lined up. (Yikes!) So...if any of you need a personal assistant, hit me up! I'm super excellent, I promise.*

110 Days!!!
-Mandy-


*You can't afford me and NO I will not do that.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm glad you found a venue and that your mom is helping out on the $$$! Too bad you are apart for the wedding planning. It is kinda crazy but fun. And good luck finding a job! I wish I needed a personal assistant and I had the money to pay them... :)

A.P. said...

i saw photos of the grand loft when i was venue hunting, it really is pretty!!! i can't believe you guys are getting married in june! you will have finished everything before i've even ordered invitations (thank you fiance for wanting to be engaged 18 months)! i also blame him for my craziness since i don't have my mom to help me anymore and dragging it out a year and a half has been tooo loooong. at least you can think of it like it will be over and done with with your mom....my dilemma right now is finding a dj...i've talked to 3 and they are all so...cheesy!

Rebecca said...

I know an excellent photographer...Erica May Photography. She's a friend of mine and is located in KC. If she's not available, I'm sure she'd have some awesome recommendations for you guys! www.ericamay.com

Maggie Carrillo said...

Mandy moo - I was in exactly the same spot when we got engaged. My internship ended one month after the engagement, I got a new job and quit/got fired after 6 weeks! So one month before the wedding, I was unemployed. It was so scary. My mom also was helping pay for stuff and although she and I are really close, she had a lot of notions that I didn't appreciate or agree with. It was very stressful and I made some decisions I now regret. I also ended up cutting my mom out of a lot of things that I wish I hadn't, and it hurt her feelings. I am the oldest and was the first to get married so it was a huge deal! I understand the pressure!! Just PLEASE make sure it is going to be the wedding of YOUR dreams - not somebody else's. The worst feeling is looking back on the whole thing and thinking, that event didn't say anything about who I really am.

Also, one more thing. I was a very poor bride-to-be and at the last minute, my blessed grandmother came through and helped us SO much. So you never know what can happen!!

Cara said...

I LOVE wedding plans!!!!!! I know I've said it many times, but I want you to know how much I mean it - I am SOOO happy for you and Austin. We can't wait to see you!

Mushryl said...

I don't know how to add your blog to my list. Me stupid.