Tagged And I Don't Hate You And UPDATED: Best Friends of a Different Sex Survey

Trophy Wife tagged me on a Christmas survey so I'll be getting to that in a moment. Fair warning. When you see the numbers, you can stop reading this post.

But before we get to that, I need to tell you that I keep "adjusting" my blog and it likes to delete my list of favorite bloggers. If you read this and don't see your name over on the left, it's not 'cause I hate you. It's 'cause my blog hates you. Please let me know and I'll return you to your rightful spot as one of Mandy's favorites.

Also, if you've never been over there 'cause I don't know you have a blog and read this, that's rude. Tell me. Then we can be friends and you will get a prize.*

Ok, let's see if I can make this worth reading:

1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? You don't have to wrap them, just give them to me.

2. Real Tree or Artificial? Fake

3. When do you put up the tree? Apparently, whenever my roommates and I are all home at the same time for more than 20 minutes. So never.

4. When do you take the tree down? Halloween

5. Do you like eggnog? Yup

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Training bra. When I was 17.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Everyone. So I don't anymore.

8. Do you have a nativity scene? What does that have to do with Christmas?

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? I prefer carrier pigeon.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Jason

11. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Elf

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Christmas Eve

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm giving Mom the training bra back this year.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Dad's enchiladas

15. Lights on the tree? Yes

16. Favorite Christmas song? Throw the Yule Log On Uncle John

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home

18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? "Reindeer's?" Really?

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Christmas morning.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Working in retail

22. Favorite ornament theme or color? Uh...yes?

23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Bratwurst and little smokies

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace on earth and a new computer

25. Who is most likely to respond to this? No one. But I'm gonna tag Cara, Amanda and Erika.

*You won't really get a prize. But I had to say something to get you to want to be my friend since, apparently, I'm not enough. It's kinda like when you tell someone, "I love you" and they say, "Thank you" or "That's so sweet." Hurts doesn't it? You don't even know!

UPDATED: Right after I finished this post, my boss came out of his office and I gave him this message: "Abby called." That was all the chick told me to say to him so that's all I said. So Brent gets this huge smile and says to me, "That's my best friend. You need to meet her sometime. She's amazing." Now, my question is, knowing that my boss is married and has 2 kids, do you think it's odd that his best friend is a girl named Abby? Can married people have best friends of the opposite sex? Tell me...

4 comments:

Trophy Wife said...

I'm married and I have a best friend who is a boy. I'd probably describe him as amazing as well so if this is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

A.P. said...

lol, i just did mine and i used an elf quote. :)

K J said...

Sure, married people can have a "best" friend of the opposite sex...but that doesn't make it a good idea. Even if both sides have harmless intentions, it's highly doubtful that the feelings are 100% platonic. The door is left wide open for temptation. I think a married person whose best friend is a member of the opposite sex needs to think about what they are seeking in that relationship that they aren't getting through the relationship their spouse.

(I'm only responding to Mandy's question, not any of the comments that have already been made. I also realize that some people have best friends, but I consider "best" to be singular.)

Mandy said...

KJ, you are wise beyond your years. Wait, how old are you? :)