First Things First...

ARRRGH!!!

It’s that time again Mateys!!!

Happy National Talk Like a Pirate Day to ye!!


In honor of such a glorious holiday, I give ye some Pirate humor! Shiver me timbers!!


Q: What do pirates do in their spare time?
A: Arrrrrrt!!

Q: Why does it take Pirates so long to learn to spell?A: Because they spend so much time at C!

A pirate walks into a bar wearing a paper towel on his head. He sits down at the bar and orders some dirty rum.
The bartender asks, "Why are you wearing a paper towel?"
"Arrr..." says the pirate, "I've got a bounty on me head!"

Q: What did the Pirate say when he had a heart attack?
A: Arrr! Me heartie!!

Q: How much did the Pirate pay for his piercings?
A: A buck-an-ear!

I hope ye Scalawags find some buried treasure today! Arrrrgh!!


------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, now that that's over, let's get on to the serious stuff. =)

Many thanks to those of you who chose to comment on my last post. Its good to know I still have amazing friends ready to stand up for me, even if we don't totally agree on everything. You all had something interesting and thought-provoking to say and I'm contemplating each opinion thoroughly. Here are some notes I have for each of you so far:

Scott - You are too smart for your own good. But, then again, you always have been. =) Thank you for your amazingly kind words. It blessed me immensely to know that you still think of me as a good friend even though I haven't seen you in what? 6 years?! Wow. Anyway, a lot of what you said has been the thread I've been holding onto these past few months and I appreciate the backup. Paul is my hero but I'm still not quite sure how exactly to "count it pure joy when [I] face trials of many kinds." But I'm working on it. Hearing my thoughts on the matter come from someone else strengthens me greatly. Thanks for wisdom and friendship old friend! =) (That's old as in "long-time" not a comment about your age. Arrrgh!!)

Swearika - First of all, I absolutely love the irony of that name. In high school, your swear words consisted of "Oh my cow!" and "Gramma!" You rebel you. =) Anyway, thank you as well for your kind words and great wisdom. I agree with you on serving others with our talents and I found the quote you gave from Mosiah very interesting. It reminded me of the parable Jesus tells in Matthew about the King saying "... whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." I think that's a really good point. The 1 problem I had with it is, shouldn't your family come first? I think that, if you can't even help your own family, should you be trying to help others? But, then again, maybe her family doesn't need help or maybe she is just better at helping others. Either way, I think ou're right, that talent should not go to waste. (Matthew 25:29) Thanks G-Sauce!

Twig - First of all, thanks for the writing analysis. Haha, made me feel good. I'm glad I can write things that hook people. =) I agree with you that we should pray that no matter who wins, God will work through that person for the greatest outcome to His glory. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't care and weigh the facts before we go in there and just punch the card in a pretty little pattern. (I know that's not what you said, I'm just trying to make a point.) =) I think the freedom we've been given to vote in the first place is a gift from God that we should not take lightly. He is a God of choice and our choices in life affect our outcome later on. I think the same goes for seemingly everyday, mundane things. I definitely understand your contempt against politics and it's ability to separate people by our differing opinions but that happens with just about everything. I highly doubt there are 2 people in this world who agree on everything 100%. We need to learn to embrace our political differences just like everything else and not let them get in the way of our relationships. Because, believe me, when we allow these things to separate us, all that's left is a trail of hurt. Thanks for your comment loyalty buddy!

Cara - Your comment really surprised me. Though not in a bad way. I was hoping you would comment because, (no offense to the others) as a Mom, I value your opinion the most on this subject. Problem is, I really expected you to agree with me. =) It made it extremely interesting. I never expected her to be a stay at home mom (hardly anyone can do that 100% thanks to the economy these days). I just thought that the gravity of her career choice was too much. But, I think you're right. Someone like her would obviously want to be in this position. She's probably been dreaming of it for years. So now I'm afraid that, if she did drop out for her kids, she would in some way always blame them for that. That would be terrible. And I have no doubt the kids would pick up on it instantly. In the long run, it might actually be better for them if she does make it. If anyone knows what the difference between an unhappy Mom and a happy Mom does to her kids, its me. And I'd want my Mom to be happy. Thank you so much for sharing Cara. And give the boys my love!

For those of you who haven't had a chance to comment yet, the lines are still open. I'll take anything. If you're holding back disagreements 'cause you're afraid I'll cry about them, please don't. I promise to be open if you are. =)

I love you all so very much and miss those of you I haven't seen in way too long. Let's get together yeah yeah yeah! Shouldn't we be getting close to a 10 year BHS reunion? We would've had a 5 year had we actually elected a class President with responsiblity! (Plug for you Scott. I voted for you.) =)

*Muah!*
Mandy ><>


"I thank my God upon every rememberance of you." -Philippians 1:3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right that our right to vote is a freedom worth exercising with responsibility and that God has blessed us with that right. You also are correct that no one agrees on everything so everything therefore can separate us. Problem is my differing opinion about cheesecake or car automaker for some reason doesn't seem to cut people apart quite the same way as politics. That being said if we truly wanted to use our votes to make a difference and put the right person in office maybe it shouldn't be either of the nominees. We have the right to write someone in. I say we all put Huckabee. If we all voted for the man or woman we truly felt was the best perhaps God would use that to suprise us with the winner.

Mandy said...

Haha, I would SO join you in voting for Huckabee! =)