Movin on Up!!

Hello my babies! Did you miss me? Aww, that’s so sweet! =)

So…I’ve been moving. In every sense of the word. Here’s the 4-1-1:

Since I started this new position almost 6 months ago, the part of the building the Exec’s (2 of which are my bosses) are supposed to be in has been under construction. We were in a temporary (ahem, crappy) section of the building until they finished. Well, they finished last week. To my chagrin…

You see, when you’re a personal assistant and not just a secretary, you get extra special duties. Like packing up both of your bosses offices in between your own. Booo. And, being that one of my bosses is the VP of Accounting, I’ll just let you imagine the ridiculous amount of fileage that man has in his office. Blech.

But, of course I got it all done. In record time. Was there ever any doubt? I didn’t think so.

The really tough part about the moving of 3 people at work was that there was also the moving of 3 people at home AT THE SAME TIME! Yup. Audra, Sawyer and I all moved into our new place this last weekend. So, everyday last week went a little something like this: Wake up, go to work, pack at work for 8 hours, go home, pack for 2 hours, hang with CABB, pack for 2+ more hours, go to sleep, repeat. Unfortunately, life doesn’t put itself on hold just so you can pack so, by Friday, those late night packing session had caught up to me. But that’s when the real work started…

So, after the packing comes the moving. Friday at work was the start of that. There was lots of box-carrying and cart-pushing. So much fun to do in heels, let me tell ya. Especially on little to no sleep. It was just plain awful. At one point, I actually ran into a wall. I don’t think I’ve ever been that tired in my life. Luckily, my boss noticed it and kicked me out a little early so I could go home and rest. Haha! Yeah, right.

I went home and started packing again but found out that our softball game was actually going to be on. Of course it was. We’ve only played 2 games all season but the one day Mandy needs free, play ball! And, to make matters worse, it was a double-header. Kill me. But, somehow, I made it thru. By the time I got home that night, I was so beyond exhausted it’s not even funny. But there was no time for sleep! Moving day was coming and Mandy was WAY behind.

I got up around 7am on Saturday morning, chugged some coffee, went to buy donuts for those that were coming to help me and hit the ground running. I was still way behind when my help started to arrive around 10:30 but thank the Lord I have the greatest mother in the entire world. She got everything organized while my Dad, Cody and Tyler got everything packed up in the vehicles. It was simply amazing how well it went. And, thanks to the glory that is Cody’s Tundra, Eli, it only took 2 trips to get everything to the new place!

That day is a huge blur to me. I remember doing everything and nothing. Probably because I was exhausted but had to keep moving. But I do know that it was shocking to me just how well everything went. With only the added help of Audra’s brother, Jason and Cara later on, we managed to get all 3 of us completely in our new place by 2pm. I couldn’t believe it.

That night, I made an appearance at the OP Youth Group’s big summer kickoff party. My boys of The Inside Draw were playing so I couldn’t miss it. I even got a song dedication from my favorite singer. =) AND!!! The best part: I got to see some of my Princesses!! Ashley and Lauren, two of my girls from camp the past few years, were both there. You have no idea how happy that made me. Until they asked if I was coming back this year. Boo…

Anyway, it was a really good time. Afterwards, Audra, Sawyer and I had decided that the unpacking could wait for one night: We wanted to celebrate! We got all dressed up and went to Red Lobster. Mmmm…

After that, I got the pleasure of seeing my good old friend JP!!! She is living in downtown KC for the summer doing some good ‘ole JP-type work. Being Jesus. =) I’m looking forward to seeing more of her this summer.

Finally, it was time to return home and get our pretty little carcasses in bed. Or so we thought. Tyler and Jeremy came over to our new digs and managed to set off the alarm we didn’t know how to use. That’s only mediocrely hilarious at midnight. =) But we finally got it figured out and I got my bed set up and hit the pillow harder than I’ve ever hit it in my life. Thank you, Jesus.

Sunday was another ultra-productive day. For me and the baby (Sawyer), anyway. Audra was the good roommate and went to church and then had quite a day of errands to run so Sawyer and I decided to surprise her by having as much done as possible before she got back. And man did we! The kitchen was complete and the living room almost complete when she returned. It was awesome. I then finished my bathroom and started on my room. It still has a little work to go but it’s coming along and starting to feel like home. Hurray!

After all that we went to the weekly Sunday night CABB cookout and then had some people over to our new digs for a movie. Despite some major drama peppered in, we had a good time. I went to bed exhausted yet again and not ready for Monday.

But alas, Monday came. And I was left with the unwelcome task of unpacking even more stuff. I had to get all those files re-filed and then get 3 desks set up. Not the best day to wear the new shoes…

But now it’s Tuesday. And it’s all over. Almost. I still have a little work to do in my room but I’m gonna let it rest for now. I have to finish it all by Sunday but I’m pretty moved out at this moment. Plus, there are much more important things going on right now. For instance:

Today is my baby brother’s 21st birthday!! Isn’t that nuts?! Geez, I’m old. Anyway, even though he probably won’t see it, here’s my tribute to one of my favorite brothers:

I present to you...


The Many Faces of Jeremy Smith



He was a little chubby when he was born but he sure was cute!



One day he taught himself how to play the guitar. And it stuck.




He's pretty cool


And sometimes a little gangsta.

But mostly he's quite the nerd,

And sometimes a little special.


His true talent is in Halloween costumes,

Romancing the women,


And entertaining others.

And in just being weird.

But he's my baby brother and I love him.


Happy Birthday Jeremy!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm... yeah. Hope you found some rest this week! I've been busy too but after reading your whole post I don't have time to share. Gotta finish getting ready for Soul Quest!