Adios Winter Blues!

There are no words to express how much I love the summer!

I love the warmth from the sunshine! I love the return of dear friends from college! I love flip flops! I love camping trips! I love my tan and ultra-blonde hair! I love frisbee in the park! I love all the wedding cake! I love picnics! I love swimming! I love the memories!

Here are some of my favorite memories from summers gone by:


These are extremely old school shots from high school! (Wow....)

Haha, great trip to Worlds of Fun!

If I remember correctly, we went to some museum and then stopped at a Golden Corral on the way back where I stole an entire bag of gummy bears!

Senior Trip to Washington, D.C.!!



Exactly 2 years and 3 days ago, I got Black Betty!!!


Liberty, indeed!


Some of my favorite memories: Choir tour!!

Uncle Phil really IS our hero!! (This was from my very last concert. *Tear*)

At Dick's Last Resort in San Antonio!
(My hat says "Will Poot for 25¢ - that's probably true...)


This picture captures our personalities perfectly.

One of my all-time favorite pics!
Choir with both my brothers was one of the greatest blessings of my life.


But the best Choir tour: AUSTRALIA!!

Look! There it is!!
Group shot with Sydney Opera House backdrop! (Nope, the REAL Sydney Opera House!!)

The best host family (and packing partner) EVER!


Great times with Hawks for Christ:


We practically LIVED at Clinton Lake in the summer of '06!

Don't worry, I got him back.

That's one hardcore lookin softball team!


You know I can't talk about summer without mentioning CAMP!!

My Princesses from last year. Awww!

Counselors are such great role models.

The Chicky-chicky mail call hour!

Ultimate Frisbee in the pouring rain!!


And some randoms:

Caribbean cruise Summer '05!!

What's summer without America's favorite sport? The Royals!!

Or the T-bones!! (Me and Sizzle get down!)

The Head-On Collision filled up last summer for me with lots of concerts.
One more summer before the break up! ='(

My favorite cousin and his best friend stop by on their annual motorcycle trip to buy me a drink or two.
(Or three...) =)

Lots of hot summer days have been spent getting Tallgrass ready!
(That tree is much heavier than it looks.)

Still the greatest birthday party I've ever thrown! I love it when he's happy. =)

But who wouldn't be happy with Enrique EnGROSSious at your party?!

Cheap, plastic, glow-in-the-dark jewelry + fake Transformers tattoos = Happy Fourth of July!!

Oh yeah! There was this one time that I graduated. =)

I wasn't really there for this pic but I love it and think it's a great summer pic!
It even made the LCU Calendar!!


And now: Hurray for Summer '08!! I can't wait!!

Love you all! Get some sun!
Mandy

PS - Please prove to me that I don't have to write something controversial just to get comments... =)

6 comments:

K J said...

Nice pics...I wish there was one with me in it up there but I don't think we've ever been in the same place at the same time in the summer :-(

You don't have to write something controversial to get regular comments...but apparently that's what you have to do to get cowardly, anonymous, ad hominem comments...

Mandy said...

Thanks for the support KJ but it's all good. Sometimes those are my favorite kind. :)

I promise to add my favorite pic of you to the next post. :)

crossfitter_ral said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crossfitter_ral said...

Sorry!!! I deleted my comment because it was embarassing! Sometimes I just don't make sense. lol. I should check for spelling and grammar.
ok, woo hoo for pictures, many of which I could recognize!

So out of curiosity I checked my xanga and saw the comment you left me. It made me laugh! You only wish this German-born Mexirican was writing about you, lol. Just kidding! ;)

I hope that you have a great day my friend! :)

Take care!

~Raul <><

...btw, while I was lookng at your pics, I saw the one with you and the little boy and I remember that you had that as your xanga profile pic once. This was before I met you and when I had just made my xanga the summer after my freshman year ended. I remember saying, "I guess she's a single mom." lol. Then I joined choir and a whole year later, Heather and I were hanging out and she told me that it was someones nephew, or something like that...cousin? I don't remember. But the point is, he wasn't your son, lol.

Anonymous said...

I love the summer too. Of course this summer is going to be absolutely crazy for me. It all starts with a lock-in this Friday then Honduras the first week of June. Boy I hope I'm ready.

crossfitter_ral said...

yeah, I recognized him at the wedding.