Update

In 20 words or less:

KU: National Champions
Chris: Gone
Job: Secure (for now...)
New Love: Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Heather Wedding: 96 days
Miss: ???

The expanded edition:


Well KU won the National Championship!!! Woot woot!! That was the coolest game of Basketball I've ever seen!If you missed it...well...you missed it! Rock Chalk!!


Chris left on Friday to return to Iraq. Before you ask, no we did not have "the conversation." Life is pretty much up in the air right now. For now, I can blame it on the simple fact we CAN'T talk about it (in that he's not settled over there yet enough to call) but I'm not so sure we'd actually talk about it if he was. He's called twice since he left just to inform me that he made it to GA and then Kuwait but said it would be a few days before I heard from him again. Normal? Yes. Annoying? You bet. I did write him quite the letter though (which we all know I'm pretty good at) laying my side out on the table. So now we wait. What do I want? Heck if I know...


I had a very important career-making/breaking day last week that went, by my standards, very well. There were a few bumps but nothing major and that's to be expected on someone's first crack at the companies biggest meeting. I'm proud of myself. Now I just have to wait for my 6-month review (June 17) to see if the bosses were equally impressed...


I've recently fallen in love with The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. It's an addiction I'm not in a hurry to overcome. Album: Don't You Fake It. Get. Listen. Love.


One of my bestest friends in the whole world and my favorite roomie of all time is getting married in only 96 days!! I'm really happy for her and can't wait! To be honest though, I'm mostly happy about the excuse to go back to Lubbock. It's been well over a year since I've been there and I'm missing lots of folks terribly. I'm pumped! Take off work now, LL. You're not leaving my side the whole time!


Besides the usuals (LL, Mandy, Heather, Jeremy, Cara & the boys...) I'm missing a whole lot of random people at this very moment and I'm not completely sure why. Current Mood: Emo. Beware.


And Shoutouts:


Twig:
Hey buddy! How are my kids? Have you been contacted about doing anything for camp yet? I might hire you to help me more than you want too. Let me know if you're willing and I'll check with Smokster for the Ok.


Cara:
I miss you guys so much! Please keep updating with pics. They make me so happy. =) Give the boys lots of love from Aunt Mandy.


Raul:
Yo kid. Glad to hear the musical went well. Sorry I missed it. I'll be down for Heathers wedding but it's not looking like I'll get there before then. Just be around and watch out! =) Have a great week buddy!


Coming Soon:


Ready for Camp

Softball League
Mandy vs the cofC (specifically OP)
Moving...

Blessings and hugs my babies!

-Mandy-

"Pain is inevitable but misery is optional." -Tim Hansel

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice cartoon. I like it. Sorry he's gone and that you're feeling emo and missing people. It happens to us all. The youth here are doing well. We're gearing up for the summer and the kids are all busy with end of the school year stuff. Many have concerts/plays/track meets/etc. So class and activities sometimes are missing people, but I think everyone's excited about all that's coming up. As for camp, I'm currently set to be a counselor. You can talk with Smokey about me helping you. What is it that you're doing at camp? Anyway. Thanks again for the shout out!