Rock Chalk!!!

First thing's first:
GO KU!!!


Ok, that's better.

Retreat

Well...I'm exhausted. CABB Retreat was...productive. Yeah, that sounds upbeat. But seriously, we got the cabins almost completely finished!!! And, thanks to yours truly, the showers are ready to use! When we get running water of course. It was also really good to see Bill Carriger and one of my adopted Dad's (who says hi KJ!!) =)

Unfortunately, the spiritual part of the retreat left a lot to be desired. At least in my opinion. Booo. To be honest, I felt like I was at some other religions' retreat all weekend. I could be wrong but I'm about 90% sure the speaker wasn't even a member of the church of Christ. Not really my idea of a good thing. I wasn't impressed by his view of what the church should be nor his seemingly arrogant view of himself. It's not that he was wrong per se, but the church of Christ is defined world-wide by some very specific viewpoints (that I just happen to agree with, go figure), and he spit on some of them. I kept thinking about all the new people present that were getting a completely wrong idea of the church of Christ. Yuck.

I know that sounds terribly judgemental of me but the blog is built for me to vent, right? So that's what I'm doing. I do feel bad that my opinion of him is based only on what he spoke about but he didn't really give us a chance to get to know him otherwise. He got really clicky with 3 of the guys and didn't really spend much time getting to know the rest of us. It was sad.

But, at the same time, I'm partially glad this happened. I've been pushing back feelings of discontent with OP for awhile and I feel like this weekend has forced them to the front of my mind. Because I am a pretty conservative Christian (especially compared to others my age), there have always been small things about OP that have made me a little uncomfortable. Again, none of these things are "wrong" but they are all things that I feel push the limit a bit. But, because I have truly found a family there in the CABB group and other members (my idea of the whole point of church), have fallen in love with the youth group and feel like OP is a place that I can serve the way I should, I've pushed those slight discomforts aside. But now, thanks to this weekend, I'm going to have to do some reevaluating. Please pray for me in this situation and, if you've got some advice, hit me up with it!

Anyway...

Ok, enough of that. It depresses me. On to more juicy info ('cause I know that's what you want anyway).

Well Chris didn't go with me to the Retreat so I don't have a whole lot of new info to give you in that area. Except that I'm really happy by how much he missed me. We've pretty much spent 24/7 together since he got here and, apparently, that day and half away reminded him of how bad it sucks when I'm not around. Ha! Needless to say, he was reluctant to let me go to bed last night and is making me go with him to Larry for the game tonight. That's a big deal! He wants me to meet all his friends. =) Confession: I sure like him.

Unfortunately, he leaves on Friday. ='( Booo....

Something Extra

Ok, I believe I made a promise in my last post that I will keep now:

Twig
- Hey buddy! I'm sorry you couldn't come to the Retreat but, hopefully, my post about it will make you feel a little better. I kinda wish you had been there so I could get your opinion but that's alright. Anyway, I hope you had a great weekend with your kids and I hope you have a fantastic week!!

Cara
- Hey Sis!! Gosh I miss you! I've decided that you guys need to all move to KC. You'd have a free babysitter!! =) I love you!!

KJ
- Yo! Dude, it was good to see your Dad this weekend. He's still as funny as ever. I wish you could've come. I could've used your opinion on the situation too. Plus, I didn't have anyone to make my s'mores for me! =) Hope you're well buddy! Miss ya!!

Well, that covers everyone. 3 comments. I'm pathetic. =) Wanna play again? Ok. Post = Shoutout. Go!

I love you all!!
-Mandy-

"May the Lord continually bless you with heaven's blessings as well as with human joys."
- Psalms 128:5

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out. (I guess this earns me another one, haha.) It is disappointing to hear about the retreat. I think it would have been fun to share our thoughts on the whole thing. Granted without really knowing what he said I can't guarantee I would have landed on your side, but open discuss about God, Jesus, and the Church is one of my favorite things to do. We'll definately have to make up for it sometime.

Cara said...

Good game, don't you think!

crossfitter_ral said...

Hola amiga!!! I wasn't that huge of a fan of the movie either and I thought it was extremely weird. I did think that it was cool because it was in Castillian spanish though. I don't speak that kind of spanish, lol. I didn't really pay much attention to the movie...I was more focued on doing my homework. Anyway I hope that you are doing well! You need to come visit us down here and hang out with us too, not just Luke and Heather and others, lol. :) Maybe Carin too!
Alright, have a great day!