Random Acts of Randomness

Self-Esteem Boost?
If you need one, read the name of the following site and then click: http://www.amiawesome.com/

Have you voted yet today?
Who did I vote for? I'll give you a hint. One of these:
Hillary? Obama? Huckabee? Romney? Paul?
Wouldn't you like to know.

I'm currently struggling quite a bit with the fact that it's becoming more and more evident that we as Christians (myself included) are simply not reading our Bibles. At least not as much as we should. I keep hearing more and more comments made in Sunday morning class and Lifegroup like "I read in this book that..." and "So-and-so spoke on this topic and he said..." This makes me sad. The Bible is NOT obsolete folks. It never will be. Read it. Read all of it. You might just learn something.


And, just in case you're bored, let's try a....
Music Quiz!
(Thanks for letting me gank your idea, Linz!)

The following are first (or so) lines from some of my favorite songs. How many can you name (without cheating)?
  1. The first star I see may not be a star. We can't do a thing but wait so let's wait for one more.
  2. I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a thousand diamonds strewn across a blue blanket.
  3. When shadows fall, he'll close his eyes to hear the clocks unwind. Powerless to leash the hands of time.
  4. When I can't see you, I know you're there. When I can't feel you, I will not fear.
  5. I feel like I would like to be somewhere else doing something that matters.
  6. Oh you know I did it, it's over and I feel fine. Nothing you could say is gonna change my mind.
  7. Lately I'm alright. And lately I'm not scared. I've figured out that what you do to me feels like I'm floating on air.
  8. This old heart's been left out on my sleeve and I have paid as it's been rent into pieces.
  9. Hello there, the angel from my nightmare.
  10. I got the message long before you said you knew there was no chance of us at all.
  11. This time, what I want is you. There is no one else, who can take your place.
  12. They come from every state to find some dreams were meant to be declined.
  13. Another day gone by and again I ask myself why. I question my sanity. Why I believe what I believe.
  14. I have a ringing in my head. And no one to help me answer it. Even with you close enough to kiss.
  15. Hey, you give me no choice. I entertain by the silence that you created by noise.
  16. Meet Me There. In The Blue. Where Words Are Not. Feeling Remains.
  17. Can I get your hand to write on. Just a piece of leg to bite on.
  18. Meet me in outer space. We could spend the night; watch the earth come up.
  19. You got to leave me now, you got to go alone. You got to chase a dream, one that's all your own before it slips away.
  20. We write to apologize. We ask to look past life as it goes by. I know you have sacrificed time, life, love, time to fly.
  21. It's a muggy night in Houston and all the intersections are like full service stations. I'm on my way to a familiar place.
  22. To see you when I wake up is a gift I didn't think could be real. To know that you feel the same as I do is a 3-fold utopian dream.
  23. I’m on fire and now I think I’m ready to bust a move. Check it out I’m rocking steady, Go!
  24. I can't be losing sleep over this no, I can't and now I cannot stop pacing. Give me a few hours, I'll have this all sorted out. If my mind would just stop racing.
  25. Summer time and the wind is blowing outside in lower Chelsea and I don't know what I'm doing in this city. The sun is always in my eyes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

2, 6, 18, 22, 23. Those are the ones I recognize instantly. Now guess who I am!

Mandy said...

Hi, LL! Thanks for commenting! =)

23? That surprised me.

K J said...

I only recognized #2...and I had to Google it to make sure. I've got a few for you:

1. Procrastination paralyzing me, wanting me dead. These obsessions that keep haunting me won't leave my head.

2. We're lost in the mall shuffling through the stores like zombies. What is the point? What can money buy?

Mandy said...

Hey KJ, get your own blog!! =)

Well, I don't know either of them but, if I had to take a complete shot in the dark, I'd go with...Dream Theater??? At least one of them has to be.