Make New Friends...

Hellooo!! Wow long time, no blog eh? Remedy that? I think so!

So here are a few things Mandy has learned in the past few weeks:

  • Sometimes the best thing you can do for a friend is to leave them.
  • People that make you really mad are probably there to teach you something.
  • "Church" boys are sometimes 10 times worse than "non-church" boys.
  • I like adventurous relationships. If it's too normal, simple or boring, count me out.
  • Your best friends are the ones that know who you are.

Other than that, here's a rundown of my life for the past few weeks:

CABB is rockin my face off, as usual. For awhile there, I was a little concerned by the lack of actual Bible we were getting as a group but we've recently remedied that and I couldn't be more thrilled. We spend a lot of time in the Word as a group and I believe it will only help to improve our relationships. We'll also be starting up Spring league Softball and Volleyball. I can't wait!

The youth group is also going really well these days. We finally hired a full-time youth minister that will start in June and I couldn't be more excited about him. My boys really need a good role model. We've been blessed to have a good interim for awhile now but it's nice to know that when he leaves, things won't go down hill. Prayers are being answered.

About a month ago I learned that my dear cousin (and one of my best friends) Phil is going back to Iraq in December. Boo? I think so. But not to him. He is, of course, very happy. If he had his way, he never would've left in the first place. After I found that out, I went into Operation Mandy mode and have spent the last few weeks attempting to lift the spirits of some of the guys over there. The CABB group will be putting together packages next month for the guys representing OP. Whether you agree with the war or not has nothing to do with it. I really feel like we're starting to forget that there are still men fighting over there.

I started with this CABB project for the 9 guys that we have from church over there (none of whom I know) and then made some attempts at more personal connection (Facebook, email, etc.) but have only been able to really connect with one so far. He seems to be very thankful to have a new friend back home though. He'll be coming home next month for a 20-day leave and I'm very much looking forward to meeting him.

I also found an old friend from high school that happens to be over there too and seems to be having a harder time than Phil ever did or any of the other guys I've conversed with. I think that might have to do with the fact that he's quite lacking in Faith so I'm trying to exude a lot of hope in his direction. Guess we'll see.

Please keep Chris, Matthew, Phil and all the other men and women in your prayers. Don't forget them.

Kristy McKinney and I have started talking Camp agenda and I'm starting to get those Camp jitters already. It looks like we're going to have to wait another year to get out to Tallgrass (boo) but we'll work with what we've got as we usually do. We're trying to make some much-needed counseling changes (including training and finally saying no to certain people) and I'm praying hardcore we are able to do so without much friction.

Other than that, work is still good. Busy most days but nothing I can't handle. I'm overly blessed here and am afraid they're going to realize it any day. I don't think I've mentioned this yet but I got a list the other day of all the Executive Assistants in the company (everyone who works for a President, VP, the CEO, etc.). There are 28 of us in all. I'm the youngest by 6 years. Wow? I think so.

February is almost over! Wow! On the calendar for March:

March 1: Superchick concert with Audra and some of my girls from the youth group! Also, my best friend Mandy will be here just long enough for me to take her and her boyfriend to the airport.

March 2: CABB sponsored luncheon (put on by yours truly) for the Widows and Widowers at OP.

March 6: Mandy becomes official member of KC Chapter of Big Brothers Big Sisters.

March 8: Best friend returns from DC and spends the weekend with me. Hurray!

March 15-20: Ski trip to Breckenridge!! Woot woot!

March 23: Easter and Chris home from Iraq.

March ??: Tax refund check arrives (hopefully). Hello new computer!! =)


Coming in April:
2 retreats and 4 important birthdays! Yee-haw!

Be cool my babies!
M-Shizzle ><>

"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
-1 Corinthians 15:57

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading all of your blor, as usual, I have only one comment dealing with something that just is just gonna gnaw at me into the wee hours of the night:

Please, for the love of all that is holy and just, never say, type, or otherwise make use of the word(s) "M-Shizzle."

Oi.

Anonymous said...

BTW, "blor" is Hungarian for "blog." Trust me on this one.

And excessive use of just the word "just" is just too just to justify not just using "just" over and over again.

crossfitter_ral said...

whatever mandy. Don't just assume it was some problem or something negative. I opened up about 1 of my struggles and I decided to delete because I didn't know if I wanted you reading it. Not that I don't trust you, I just felt really uncomfortable.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mandy! I'm so glad things are going well for you! Just wanted to tell you that I love reading your blog and that you are completely impressive, doing so many great things. You're going to be an amazing Big Sister!

The OC Chorale is going to perform at OP on the Weds after St. Patrick's Day. (I think it's the 19th?)I really hope Linz and I will be able to see you!

<3

crossfitter_ral said...

I put a comment on here yesterday....I guess it didn't go through. hmm. Well, it just said that sorry for sounding harsh. I didn't mean to...I say "whatever" to everything/anyone, and usually not in a negative way.

I hope you have an amazing day :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been doing alot. 1st: in what way are church boys worse than non-church boys> 2nd: the delima in my blog is that I still want and even sometimes think I "need" those things outside of God to feel fulfilled.